Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our New Home

We made it to Utah on a Sunday after 3 days of driving from Texas. We have some friends in Lehi who let us stay with them a few days while we looked for a place to live (Thanks again Brandon & Kristen).

That Monday we drove around Midvale, Murray, Sandy, and Draper looking at apartments and townhomes. We thought that we found an apartment we liked in Draper, but when we came back to Brandon and Kristen's house we saw a for rent sign hanging on a house right across the street. We called and sure enough after our long search we ended up back where we started. That Wednesday we moved in! It has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a little back yard with a fence. It's the perfect size for the three of us (Whit, Kemp, dog). Tori loves her little backyard. She's never had one to play in before...besides my parents'. She loves to bury her face in the snow and run crazy all over the yard.

I started work this past Monday. I still have a lot to learn but it sure beats sitting at home doing nothing. I like the new things I'm leanring there and can't wait to get to know more about the company. Kemp is still job searching but there are a few positions that look very promising. We are excited to finally be settled somewhere so nice for a little while. We have a lot more friends around us and we're glad to be around them again once again (except Marc- from Kemp).

8 comments:

The Pates said...

Congrats guys! That's so great... even though we miss you a ton! You guys plan on coming back out to BV and visiting at some point??

JaMie said...

this looks way cute! we will miss you guys this summer:(

Luke and Niki said...

Oh what fun! Congrats on the new house!!!

Danny & Branae Porter said...

Hey welcome to the west! It's nice to know that you guys are so close now..we'll have to come visit or get together cause it would be sure fun to see you guys!

Danny & Branae Porter said...

Hey welocme to the west! That is so fun that you guys are so close..we'll have to get together sometime because it would sure be fun to see you guys!

Jiggle Johnson said...

Yay! I am so excited that you live closer to me now!!

Elizabeth and Tyler said...

Hi Whitney and Kemp,
It was good to hear from you. I am excited for you getting a new home. It looks very nice. Utah is a beautiful state. Tyler's brother lives in Bountiful and we went up there not too long ago. I was able to see some old friends from SVU. It seems everyone ended up there. Soon after I left Virginia I met Tyler at the institute in Tucson. We got married Last Dec of 07. I really love being married. We are living in Sierra Vista close to southern Arizona border to Mexico. Tyler works on base for a computer company he travels to Virginia a lot for work. One of these days I would like to go back with him. I hope you enjoy your new area. All the people we know that live in that area are all involved in sports leagues, and a lot of fun out doors groups. I hope you enjoy it.
Liz

Tony said...

Hehe, you guys have a house now and I am homeless. Well, sort of.

Catch ya later.