Monday, December 15, 2008

Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving with my whole family: mom, dad, and brother. I don't have the biggest family so we never do anything very big for Thanksgiving. This year, I wanted to do something a little different. My mom is not a cook...I think she could be but she is very simple. We have never had a real turkey for Thanksgiving. We usually just buy some sliced turkey and heat it up in the oven at home and call it done. So, I decided to go all out and get a 10 pound turkey for the 5 of us! While I was at Walmart I debated on getting a 23 pound turkey. I know...it was a little too big for just 5 people. Before I left the store I switch it out for a 10 pounder, which ended up being the perfect size. My dad looked up a recipe on the Internet and we started cooking that Sunday morning/afternoon. Everything turned out great! I should have taken a picture of the turkey, oh well. We spent the rest of the day relaxing and feeling too full to move.

1 comment:

Lesley Wright said...

Way to go for going all out and cooking the turkey.