Sunday, May 30, 2010

5K Run

As many of you know, I put myself on an 8 week challenge to be healthier and get in better shape. I was not alone in this. Julie has been a great friend and motivator. She had the guts to ask me to run a 10K with her. For those of you who know me, I am NOT a runner by any means, but I am trying to stay committed to my goals and so I said sure. After signing up for the 10K I switch to the 5K (lets be realitstic here...lol). Kemp signed up to do the 5K too. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I ran more than I ever have...but I walked some too. But now I feel like I should sign up for them more often (thanks Julie!).

4 comments:

Julie Carlile said...

oh good I am glad that you got the picture :) I am so glad you did it with me even though we weren't able to run together. Next time you should do the 10k with me it wasn't too bad!

Coley said...

Way to go!

abichristi said...

wow--you're amazing. I too am NOT a runner, but I don't even have the guts to try a 5K. But any time you want to go for a leisurely walk, just call me!

Unknown said...

Whitney! That's awesome! Tony tries to get me to run with him all the time. I need to do better about going with him, especially when he's doing the longer distances...