Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Texas A&M

We are a little behind on keeping things updated. I've recently started focusing a lot more on Genuine Accents. I'm preparing to vend at cheer, dance, and gymnastics competitions. The first cheerleading competition is October 11th so we're pushin it trying to get inventory, displays, and all sorts of other things put together and organized.

We went to visit my brother, Tony, at Texas A&M August 30th. We got to see Bill Cosby do a comedy show for the students (which was super funny) and a football game. It's crazy how involved all the students are at A&M. Everything revolves around traditions. One that Kemp and I really like is that they have 5 guys who are the Yell Leaders instead of having cheerleaders. These Yell Leaders stand on the track below all the students and make hand signals to the crowd. Everyone in the crowd starts making the signal and they ALL start yelling the cheer. I've never seen a student body so invovled. They also have a tradition of standing the WHOLE game. Kemp and I sat down once and people started turning around telling us to stand up.

The Texas A&M band performed at the half time show and they did some pretty amazing stuff. All their transitions were really cool to watch.

2 comments:

Studio 7 Interior Design, Kristen Rockwood said...

That is so awesome!!! I think B was able to go to a game while he lived there... He loved it too! Well, good luck w/ your work! I wish you lived close and I'd help you put them together!!!

The Pates said...

Hey! This is the way college football games SHOULD go!!! I wish that would've happend at SVU in your lifetime here :-( We sure miss U!